Saturday, August 01, 2009

100th POST!!! Entitled: The Top Ten Reasons I LOVE the Mountain Valley Stampede

I got to go to the Mountain Valley Stampede (part of Wasatch Co. Fair Days) tonight with some friends I haven't seen in awhile, and several new faces. This is my second year attending, and it is something I seriously look forward to every year, and here is why:

10. It's in Heber, home of genuine cowboys.
9. I got a new cowboy hat for dirt cheap. My old one has been annihilated.
8. They have delicious fry bread - essentially, scone meets navajo taco. DELICIOUS!
7. The announcers are actually pretty funny.
6. They play good music.
5. It is action packed - I seriously saw a bull run a cowboy into the ground tonight.
4. The rodeo clowns and officials are so good, everyone walks away bruised, but rarely bloody and never dead (that I've seen).
3. They have an event called hide racing, which I would personally like to try (not in an arena with 7,000 spectators, but rather in someone's coral on a ranch with no spectators).
2. I see people I know. It's one of the advantages of living where you work when you're a teacher.
1. FIREWORKS! There is a fireworks show at the end, during which they play great music. I LOVE it!

So, if you're ever in Heber City, UT, during the first weekend in August, stop by the Mountain Valley Stampede. You won't regret it! Oh, and if it's Saturday, be sure you're Tough Enough to Wear Pink! :D

This has been the 100th post of A Beautiful Life. I hope you enjoyed the post. This is a pretty momentous occasion!

No comments: