
Well, we made it to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina yesterday, where we will be staying for the week.
This was our first glimpse of a large body of water. It's the Chesapeake Bay, and we were still in VA at the time. I spent part of just about every summer growing up down at the Bay with my grandparents and uncle, checking out historical sites and gathering sea shells.
This was the "Welcome to North Carolina" sign. I always contemplate getting pictures of such nifty signs, but rarely manage to. That problem was avoided, however, when we stopped at the Border Station, right, as the name indicates on the border of the two states. This Border Station is rather cool, seeing as it is half in VA, half in NC. I couldn't find the "i' m standing in two different states" photo-op, but, yeah, still cool. I wonder how they work out the taxes on that place!So, I must say our beach house is quite cute. I'll take pictures later, but, we can see the beach from the house, even though were a block and a half away. It's beautiful. I love being able to hear the water all the time!

Today, Chelsea managed to step on a HUGE horseshoe crab! Seriously, the thing was ginormous! Two feet from tip to tail! Apparently the claw-like things on the side are rather sharp!I on the other-hand, finally made it into the ocean. I have to admit, that while I love the sound and smell, and even sight of the ocean, I REALLY dislike getting into it. My overactive imagination prevents my being comfortable with being unable to see what I'm stepping on, or even swimming next to. I also really hate getting my mouth, nose, and ears full of salt water - EWW! But yes, I went in today, and I'm sure I'll make it back in several more times this week. I did not get eaten by a shark, and also did not swallow, inhale, or otherwise intake too much of the ocean - yes friends, it's still there. Feel free to visit at your earliest convenience!
No comments:
Post a Comment