Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today at the close of the lesson our Gospel Doctrine teacher counseled us to be patient with each other as men and women. Specifically she counseled us as women to be understanding of the men in our lives because one day we will be grateful for the man who is rational, the man who is sensitive to our emotionality as women, and as such sometimes remains silent to protect our feelings.
A sister in the audience commented that sometimes that silence hurts our feelings. A friend next to me said that it was a no win situation then. I realized, as I told them, that when we as women have time to come to ourselves, that we will realize and be thankful for the protective silence.
I have recently experienced the truth and wisdom of that principle in particular relationships in my life.
So, on Father's Day, I am grateful for all the men in my life who have been and are sensitive to my sometimes fragile feelings, who love and protect me in their unique, but always needed ways. I am grateful for the men in my life that help me to be more rational, but allow me emotional girl moments. I am grateful for the men in my life who counsel with me and exercise their priesthood on my behalf as fathers, brothers, bishops, home teachers and friends.
Today, I honor all of the wonderful, amazing men in my life, whether you are currently fathers or not, for the choices you make, and the blessing you are in my life!
Me and my Daddy


No comments: