Being home for the first time in several months, the standard question is always: What's new with you? - And immediately, what comes to mind - nothing. Lame... Well, never fear friends, I have scoured facebook and blogs to determine the highlights of 2010, and it has been quite a miraculous and wonderful journey.
Firsts and Memorable Moments:
~ I got my first kiss... I know, for those of you who read, and remember last year's post, that was on the "NO, not yet, list"... No longer.
~ I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk with friends in Salt Lake City.
~ I began and then discontinued a master's program through University of Phoenix in counseling.
~ My first trip to Cabella's. I truly love that store.
~ I got to pet a real live baby kangaroo
~ I attended the UCET conference - loved it!
~ Wrestling road trips with friends
~ My first snowshoeing experience - FUN!
~ I spent the summer at home taking and scanning pictures, making videos, and enjoying family history trips.
~ learned to crochet something besides a chain - baby booties, hats, and scarves for instance.
~ adopted a cute little shia tsu puppy
~ got a new roommate - her name is Kelsey and we are having a blast!
~ bought a digital slr camera, and I'm loving learning to take good pictures.
~ spent Thanksgiving in Heber with my sister and friends due to a snow storm - 'twas fun!
~ I hit the big 2-5... No quarter-life crisis yet - but it's only been 36 days. :)
Road Trips and other Fun:
~ Baliwood nights with Kellie, Alice, and Melisa - such good fun. I own a sari now. :)
~ Vancouver Olympics - watched them, and loved them. I want to go there someday.
~ Evanston day trip with Alice spur of the moment - fun times.
~ St. George two weekends in a row
~ Manti pageant road trip and an eclipse
~ summer drive from Virginia to Utah - introduced Dad to geocaching and avoided a tornado in Illinois
~ Second biannual trip to Colorado with Chris and my sister to visit Aubrey and go to the BYU v. Air Force game. Even watching us lose was fun! :)
~ YELLOWSTONE - a three-day camping-in-the-car trip with Zoe (my puppy) Alice and Kelsey, SO MUCH FUN! Highlights:
~~~ seeing Mammoth Hot Springs and the Roosevelt Arch
~~~ camping every night and seeing a wolf, and tons of other wildlife, especially 4 moose(n)
~~~ waking up to elk bugling, and then the herd's march through our campsite
~~~ photography lessons, and nighttime photography trips.
Books:
~ finished The Hunger Games series
~ The Short Second Life of Brie Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
~ The Guardians of Gahoole (began the series, want to finish)
~ The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
Games:
Ticket to Ride - the obsession continues
Hand and Foot - family game that everyone else should learn and enjoy
Bunco - never played until a ward activity - I LOVE THIS GAME!
The Farming Game
Frontierville on Facebook
Exciting things to come in 2011:
~ Richfield wrestling trip
~ UCET, again
~ Yellowstone - I'm thinking it needs to be an annual event, even if it means camping in the car.
~ driving across the country with friends ~~ are Kirtland and Nauvoo in my future? I doubt it, but one can always hope! :)~~
~ another summer at home with the family, scanning and taking more photos, making videos, and visiting family history sites.
At the beginning of the year, I chose a word to be my personal theme for the year, and to tell you the truth I didn't focus much on it. Looking back, however, I can honestly say that my life has truly been filled with ABUNDANCE.
Happy 8th Birthday Everett!
8 years ago
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a wonderful year! I feel like 'abundance' could sum up my life as well. AND next time we're in VA together we will have to play HAND AND FOOT!!!! Ben and I are addicted!
Post a Comment