Monday, May 10, 2010

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk

So, as mentioned in the previous post (which you should read because it's funny), on Saturday I woke up early and went with my friend, her daughter, her 3 sisters, mom, 2 aunts, 4 cousins and 2 nieces to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk. It's a 3 mile walk in Salt Lake City. I was honestly amazed at how many people there were there. There were literally thousands of people there.

This picture doesn't even do it justice. In real life, you there were people as far as we could see in all directions!

The girls (nieces) holding hands! Too cute!

Thankfully, to my knowledge, I don't have anyone in my family who has had breast cancer. But, Saturday, I did walk for my Grandma, who beat kidney cancer almost 15 years ago.

My grandma with my cousin, Crystal


And my uncle, who is leukemia-free for two years now.

My uncle with one of his granddaughters
Cancer is cancer, and I felt honored to be a part of such a huge good cause! Love you guys! :)

No comments: