#24 - priesthood blessings, but especially father's blessings. I have been blessed to always have a worthy priesthood holder in my life - from my dad, grandfathers and uncles growing up, to faithful home teachers and good friends, it has been a constant source of safety and comfort in my life. Last night I basically cried myself to sleep - the breakdown has been coming for weeks, mostly due to stress at work, but ya know, my girlish tendency to overanalyze things didn't really help in the anxiety prevention department. Anyway, I began my breakdown on the phone with a friend, then got off the phone and cried for awhile. Amid the crying however, I was reminded of the last father's blessing I received, which happened to be from my former bishop. I pulled out the journal entry I had written immediately following the blessing and re-read it. The peace and comfort that washed over me was powerful. The things that seconds before had concerned and terrified me were gone - because I was reminded of my direct access to Heavenly Father, his promises, and his loving, watchful care.
#25 - birthdays and birthday wishes. First of all though, I'm thankful for my mom who brought me into this world. She called me today at the exact moment I turned 24. How cool is that?! ;-) But yes, I am not yet too afraid of getting old, so I like birthdays - the being spoiled, getting your way, and having people think about you, is quite nice. So, today, I'm thankful for birthdays.
Happy 8th Birthday Everett!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment