Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What happens when you become nocturnal?

Well, considering that I have recently become nocturnal, I can answer that question: You go all week enjoying your nocturnal lifestyle until Sunday comes and you accidentally sleep through church.... OOOOPS!

So, since I overslept, I decided to drive to Manti to visit my favorite temple. I took the scenic route via Fairview Canyon. Everywhere I turned things were SO green - it looked like what I would expect Ireland to look like. Here are some trip highlights:

* blasting my music while traveling back roads (always a favorite pastime of mine).
* Makin' Bacon ranch near Mt. Pleasant, UT. Bet you can't guess what kind of farm THAT is!
* Electric Lake - SO pretty. You'll have to wait on the pictures. They're on my cell phone and getting them off is a rather long process.
* kamakazi chipmunks. Seriously, they were EVERYWHERE! Every 50 yards or so, they scampered across the street. Don't worry, none of them became roadkill at my hand, or wheels, as the case may be.
*"Culinary Water No Camping" Signs... Seriously, what does that mean?!

It was a nice little ride. Trying out the new ward will have to occur next week. I'll try pretty hard to become less nocturnal so I don't oversleep this time!

Pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

M-Ann said...

This is such a fun time of life. Enjoy!!