Ok, so, since it's been nearly a month since I've updated, and mostly since I'm bored out of my mind at work and watching the clock is less-than productive, I decided to sit down and write.
But alas, nothing much is coming to mind. I've been quite contemplative lately, but, nothing exciting to really share with the world. So here's a taste of the jumbled up gloriousness of my life:
Last Book I finished: P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern - quite good.
Currently Reading: The 13th Reality: The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Last Movie I Bought/Watched: Girl with a Pearl Earring
Last Spur-of-the-Moment Adventure: Riding up into the mountains behind my new place all by myself on Saturday.
Favorite Recent Spur-of-the Moment Adventure: Driving up to Doc Flats for some dutch oven deliciousness with Stacey and the kids on Friday night. There were SO many stars, and the food was quite yummy! Although, thanks to the big kids, we had to keep convincing the little kids that there were no bears or cougars around. :)
Latest Exciting Piece of News: I'm teaching 3rd grade next year! About 1/3 of my class next year will be some of the same little angels I had this year! :D
How I generally spend my time: at school pretending to pack up my classroom when I'm really getting ready for next year or playing online, OR just hanging with the Ailshie's or friends from Provo, depending on the day.
My plans for the summer: Go home to VA June 10 - July 1, come back and get ready to teach 3rd grade, go biking and camping a lot, go to a wedding reception or two, a temple dedication, and hopefully another trip to Yellowstone!
Future goals coming into focus: Getting a master's degree. So, after watching several of my friends graduate this year, and after moving closer to work, I'm hoping that the time is now right for me to start working on this goal of mine. Haven't started working out the logistics yet - that's a summer project! But, it's definitely in the works. Especially since the local, and not-so-local universities that I casually mentioned my interest to won't stop harassing me!
Yep, that's essentially me these days! I'm pretty much broke from moving, and exhausted from teaching, and SO ready for the summer - but I must also admit that I'm completely and utterly happy. This, without a doubt, is the right place and situation for me right now. I love it! Life IS beautiful! Hope you enjoyed the update!
Happy 8th Birthday Everett!
8 years ago
1 comment:
I read the book, Girl with a Pearl Earring. How was the movie?
You sound great. So fun to have discovered your blog. See you in a few weeks.
Post a Comment