Monday, January 12, 2009

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn is Just to Love and be Loved in Return."

Thank you Moulin Rouge. Ok, I don't know where that quote actually came from, but, that's where I heard it. I've been on a Moulin Rouge kick lately. Ok, mostly just 4 out of the 13 songs on the soundtrack, with the corresponding sequences in the movie. I think I mostly like the movie just for the music, and two of my favorite actors/actresses: Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. A) The music is phenomenal in my humble opinion. B) Ewan McGregor is an attractive man. C) I know it's weird, but, I learned something from the show. Listening to the music and watching parts of the movie has gotten me to thinking about the things I've learned about love and marriage from those of my friends who are already married, as I am, as yet, single. So, instead of sending a shout-out for my current-favorite actor, I decided I'd send a few of those things I've learned out into the void instead.

~ If they love you, you can see it in their eyes.
~ Talk with each other.
~ See the best in each other.
~ Keep it simple - the basics are vital
~ Together you can handle much more than you ever could alone.
~ Children are always perfect.
~ Read with your children.
~ Fight for each other, your children, and what's right.
~ Be patient.
~ Laugh.
~ Dance.
~ Be understanding.
~ Respect each other
~ Love does not imply a lifetime of comfort and ease, but it guarantees ultimate happiness.

Truly, "the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."

No comments: