Monday, February 19, 2007

Go Big or Go HOME!

So far, this year has been a year of firsts for me. I began the year with my first filling and my first X-ray on the same day. This weekend was another first for me.
This weekend was everyone's last chance to leave town until the end of the semester. Everyone that could went south to California or Moab, or wherever. I got an invite to go to St. George with my cousins. My uncle has a house down there, and since I had never been to St. George, and for many other reasons, I got out of town as soon as I could on Friday. Unfortunately, I was traveling alone. When you're traveling with other people, half of the fun is getting there, when you're not, getting there can be quite boring, even a chore. To liven things up, I thought it'd be awesome to have a bit of a thrill and set the cruise control at 100... Aparently the state trooper didn't think it was a great idea. He was polite and all, and of course pulled off the side of the road right after me and followed me for a while after handing me my ticket for $232. My friends mostly laughed when I told them, and so did my cousins, but the parental units didn't find it that funny and took every opportunity to remind me to "slow down" whether I was in the car driving or not. Seriously, it was the first time I've ever been pulled over, and the first ticket I've ever gotten. That's probably why I still have my liscense and only a $232 ticket rather than reckless driving. Basically, I'm amazing... As my cousin said, "Go big or go home!"
The rest of the weekend was great. I made it to and from St. George safely, no problems other than a fun snow storm on the way home. The weather in St. George was awesome, and I really enjoyed the relaxation with my cousins. There's nothing quite like boating in February! My uncle even let me drive the boat. It was great! I almost feel like I can handle the rest of the semester, including the insane two weeks I have coming up with practicum and the Praxis. Am I crazy? Probably. But what the hey, I feel really good, and that hasn't happened in a long while. It's quite refreshing!

No comments: