Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sabbatical Repentance

So, apparently I’ve taken a sabbatical from blogging. Life has been, well, busy, but when is it not, really? So, hmm… I guess it’s list time. You’ll have to consult facebook for picture updates, which, I promise are coming soon. J January ~ had the worst flight back to Utah in my personal flying history. Consult my post for details ~ hung out with Dad, Ty, and Chels while Dad was here to help Ty recover from knee surgery ~ MLK Weekend – Game Night with friends from Provo. FUN times! February ~ Valentine’s party with the students – always fun. ~ my piano lesson “business” almost tripled in the space of a couple weeks – and is still growing. It’s fun to see some of my school students in a different setting, and it’s fun to watch them learn an instrument I love so much. ~ President’s Day – my friends and I went on a temple/geocaching ride. It was fun to take pictures, wander around Cabela’s and find some caches, all while enjoying the company of good friends. ~ My friend Alice got a job at the library across the street from my house – we see so much more of her now, which is fun! March ~ UCET Conference – went with friends, learned awesome technology stuff, met Kevin Honeycutt (coolest keynote ever), was introduced to Plurk, and am still trying to find ways to adequately implement all the exciting stuff I learned. ~ My grandma and cute cousin came to Utah for a weekend – we enjoyed Music and the Spoken Word, Temple Square, the BYU Bookstore, and the Carl Bloch exhibit. Tons of fun. ~ Went on a snowshoeing field trip to Soldier Hollow with my students, and enjoyed “dragging” them to a mountain man cabin on the property. It was way fun! ~ We ate corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s Day “supper” - and I forced my students to listen to Celtic/Irish music all day. ~ My roommate got me addicted to Glee – yes, I have officially joined the Gleeks! ~ I took the Praxis Principals of Learning and Teaching K -6 test Saturday morning with a massive headache, and then spent the rest of the day hanging out with my sister and friends at BYU and at Trafalga. Overall, it was fun, even with the headache!

No comments: