So, in my 7 years as a single adult, I have only had to speak in church once – and that was because my uncle was in the bishopric and it was his ploy to get me to attend the single’s ward – it didn’t work. Well, this Wednesday, while on my way to
I had previously agreed to play the piano in sacrament meeting for my friend who is the new Music Council Chair. And, as one of the Relief Society Secretaries in our ward, I played the piano in our combined Relief Society meeting this morning too! One of the funniest parts was when the Bishop walked up to me before sacrament meeting and said, “I didn’t know you played the piano!” So, all of my well-kept secrets were revealed and showcased today! It’s funny, though; I was literally shaking the whole time I was speaking. Why is speaking in front of a single’s ward more intimidating than teaching 22 – 30 second graders and dealing with their scary parents everyday, or giving presentations in faculty meetings?! I really don’t understand it! ;-)
PS, If you want to read my oh-so-awesome (if I do say so myself) talk about The Restoration and Blessings of the Melchizedek Priesthood, it’s on my family blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment