Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting in touch with me

I was talking to a friend tonight, who asked me about my day. I told him that my day was bi-polar. I woke up happy and excited - I woke up on time, it was denim day at work, I called Yellowstone and reserved a campsite and the lady who helped me was super happy even tough it was 7am, and I thought of baby cougars on the way to work and started giggling to myself out loud. The day just started great! And, my kids were great - happy and excited to be there and cooperative!

Then there was some drama that continued and seemingly spiraled a little out of control at work. And I had 3 spur-of-the-moment meetings (well two were planned but then rearranged) right after school, which kept me there til 4:45 on Labor Day Friday when I technically could have left at 4! Now, I'm dedicated, and love my kids and will put in whatever time is necessary, but, I must admit I felt very antsy! None of those things were particularly bad, but they did stress me out a little!

My bi-polar day continued with a great Women's Soccer game, during which we totally dominated, and then a nice chat with a friend who is back for the school year, and who I get to see tomorrow at the game. It was just all so nice and exciting.

So after I finished talking to both my friends, I started contemplating why each of these things affected me so much. I realized that it comes down to my blue personality that I mentioned last post. My world revolves around people. I will literally drop everything to be with people which brings me joy. And being alone or ignored or patronized by others makes me feel the exact opposite. I also feel stress or discomfort when people I love are being affected (or potentially affected) negatively.

That realization TOTALLY explained my mood swings today! They weren't huge or anything, but I'm just happy that they have ended on a great note. I remain excited and optimistic about the potential of this year. It's going to rock! In fact, the first indicator of this, besides my personal mood, is that so far this weekend, BYU has had a winning weekend in all sports, which will undoubtedly continue with the football game tomorrow and the soccer game on Monday. Go COUGS!

I just want to bang on my piano (beautiful things of course), blast happy songs, spin in a circle in a meadow and shout it from the mountain tops: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: